Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Halfway

I can't believe that I am almost halfway through the year on my Frizt365 poetry blog.

I wasn't really sure that I'd be able to maintain the interest required to do it every day for a year.  But it's looking good so far.

I don't know if you've been reading them all, but occasionally, I think four times so far, I've inserted something old that I've done.  For the halfway point, I'm putting in what I long considered to be my finest, my bestest. 

Tumbleweed Addiction.  It was my attempt back in 1990-ish, to write a Bob Dylanish thing.  I even had a melody that I sung it to.  Much to my friend's annoyance I think.  For I had it memorized, and sang it often for a year or so.

I don't know if it is all that great, I think it is good still.  It's actually the piece of writing I spent the most time on I think, all things considered.  I tinkered with it on and off for a while, changing this, changing that.  It's still not quite right.  But I can't bring myself to change it anymore.  I like the phrasing on most of it.  Even if it doesn't make the most sense in the world.

So look for it in a few days:  #183  Tumbleweed Addiction.  From 1991.  Fuck me, 20 years ago. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment