Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Anger -> Self

I'm more than a little irritated at myself.  I had two decent ideas for poems today.  One on the way to work, and one while I was walking here at work.  And both frickin' times, I didn't write it down.  And now, they are gone.  What the hell, eh?

I want to write about Land Shark I, but, I have failed to dig up any pictures of it.  I know I have a few, and I can almost, almost picture where they are...... so dammit.

What's that all about?  You'll have to wait.  lol

I fixed my motorcycle's headlight last night, much to my joy.  It was the starter button/switch.  Doesn't sound like that would make the headlight not work, until I looked in the wiring manual.  Duh, there are four staggered contacts in the starter switch assembly, and the button part has two sliders.  So when the button is out, it contacts two points, and when pushed in, two different points.  The idea is not to have the headlight and the starter on at the same time.  Battery drainage and all that rot.  There was a bunch of gooey, dirty slop in the switch, and the headlight contacts were not contacting.  Cleaned it, and presto, headlight el worko.

Maybe I'll ride it some.  My wife complains that the huge metal box I put on the back looks awful, but I don't mind it.  It gives me a safe place to put my helmet and jacket when I go into work.  No picture, once again, dammit.  Picture a metal box big enough to deliver three or four pizzas in, and that's what it looks like, sort of.  It's actually an old Air China aluminum catering box.  I used to have it hanging off my toolbox for extra storage, but now, it's on the back of my motorcycle.  I'm fine with it. 

My wieght loss, diet thing, is going well.  I've lost about 20 pounds in the last month, exact number unknown due to me not having a scale to weigh myself until I had been on the diet for a week.  Regular scales do not read my massive weight.  I think I was close to 380 lbs when I started.  I'm at 359 now.  yay me!

Not feeling jittery, or anything anymore from the medicine, which is good.  I do have to remind myself to eat enough though.  I only get hungry when I've forgotten to eat all day. 

Check in tomorrow on the poetry blog for one about a post.  A post?  Yes, a post.  Read it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment