Monday, October 10, 2011

Thoughts, keeping me up!


I swear, I'm not going to get much sleep with the old ticker ticking away so much in my noodle.  In this case ticker means my brain, instead of the more traditional heart.  Don't ask me why.

I've been pondering some things.  With the Occupy Wall Street, and the many 'children' of OWS that have sprung up in so many cities around the United Stares, it started me thinking.

First, I wondered what the heck was going on.  I discovered it was many things.  In some cases many people in the group had different ideas that simply complimented other's.  Sometimes there is solidarity of idea.  Some places accuse various groups of not being 'genuine'.  I guess planted movements or protests to push someone else's agenda.  Politics and big business stuff. 

And those are the two things that chafe me the most in our country today.  Politics and big business.  I can't be completely invested in either hatred though.  Because not all things are equal, even when called the same thing.

I work for a 'big business'.  At least I think I do.  The company I work for is in the air freight business, and contracts with other larger companies, and the government for the chance to fly cargo to anyplace on the planet.  The company has, oh heck I don't know, let's say 20 to 25 aircraft, all various vintages of Boeing 747.  Definitely not a low buck operation.  So it seems big to me.  The reason I can't dislike our big business, is that I know the owner.  We aren't best friends, but I've met him, and know of him.  And I like him.  I like what our company does.  Other than the presently unavoidable pollution issue, I don't see what doing our business does. 

Not all big business is created equal though.  I recognize that.  There are the companies that strive for true global dominance in given fields.  They do this to humanity's detriment.  Bribing, destroying, killing, all in the name of the ultimate goal; money and power.  The two feed each other once they are big enough, in perpetuity it seems.

Politicians aren't created equal either.  I refuse to believe that every single one of our elected officials at the higher levels are bad.  Maybe I'm naive, but I can't.  I do have a hard time when a particular Senator will do something wonderful one minute, and then don the horns the next.  What the heck can I make of that?  There is more to the story obviously.  But should there be?  Things should be a little more transparent than that.

I'm tired so I'll get to the point.

This blog, even more than the poetry blog in a way, is my therapy.  It is the voice in my head that I can talk things out to.  I want to try and reason out some of these social political issues.  I hope you will join me. 

I will call these expositional romps "Essays".  Not because they will be really, but it sounds better than calling them Wobberchompers, or something else.  Eh?

Look for Essay #1 in the Warthog's attempt to solve his little corner of the earth's problems, soon.  Maybe.

Cheers, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment