Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clint Eastwood Was Near My Dad Once

I was just thinking about stuff, as I'm wont to do.  And I suddenly recalled my father telling me of one of his trips to San Francisco.  When he went on his business trips, he liked to get out and walk around.  Sometimes, a lot.  When he went to SF, he walked all over the place, way more than I ever would have.  He took a few pictures too.  One of them, was of Clint Eastwood.

My father was no fanboy, but he liked Clint's work.  It just so happened that my father was there when they were shooting the Deadpool movie, the last (?) Dirty Harry movie.  Dad was walking around near where they were filming, and someone told him that a particular trailer was Clint Eastwood's, and that Clint would be walking back from the set in a few minutes. 

So, Dad, being not a fanboy, and not wanting to bug Mr. Eastwood, sits down on a park bench along the sidewalk that leads to the trailer.  And waits.  In a little bit, Clint comes walking down the sidewalk, and my dad shoots two pictures of him.  Holding his camera on his lap, so as not to be just another asshole with a camera.  My dad said, "Hello", and Clint Eastwood also said, "Hello".  And that was that. 

I can now say, that Clint Eastwood was near my dad once. 

I hope to never write "Clint Eastwood" so many times in one thing, ever again.  No offense to the man. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment