Friday, May 6, 2011

Trips Seussian

I'm afraid I've brushed against some Seussian rhythm on one. I sort of try not to consciously copy other authors or poets in style. But it happens. My wife claims that some of mine sound sort of Shel Silverstein-y. Certainly not a copy, but some flavor I guess. Funny thing is: I've never read much Silverstein. I mean, I read the Giving Tree, along with everyone else, and a few others over the years. But I didn't sit down with any of his anthology books. As far as any one poet, I think I've read more Robert Service than anyone else. And I certainly can't write much like him at all. Although, reading his anthologies.....some of his kinda sucked too. Makes me feel better. As far as that goes.




Well, see tomorrows debacle for more on the Fritz365 poetry blog: #127 The Red and the Blue.



Whomever so should read this, know that I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment