Monday, November 9, 2009

Lola the Pig


I have a pig. Actually, she is a small, white dog. When we got her, she was purported to be a Bichon. As she grew up though, I suspect that she is part mini poodle, and something else, maybe maltese? At any rate, we named her Lola.


Over time, my wife complained that Lola was getting too fat. I defended Lola, saying it was just her big fur that made her look that way. Sort of like clothes making you look fat?


To be true, Lola likes food, as any dog does. She makes big eyes at you when you eat, and climbs into the dishwasher as I am loading it up, just to lick the dirty silverware. Which I have mixed feelings about. I always imagine her cutting her tongue or something.


Sometime, about two years ago, I started calling her Piggy. And, in Top Dog fashion, in a few months, she started responding to that name. So now, she'll come when I call Lola, Piggy, or even just Pig. I think it's cute.


When I shave her down every few months, she looks even more pig-like, with her pink skin showing, and her little belly.


This has caused some confusion in talking to other people, mostly when the kids talk about home life. There are frequent mentions of the Pig, or Piggy. And lots of people in town think we own a house-broke pig.


I have shared this for no real good reason, so up above is a picture of the pig, to round out the experience. She is the little one, of course! The large one, is our standard poodle Jesse. He is a whole other ball of issues.


Cheers! WW

No comments:

Post a Comment